10.27.2009

iWatch, uWatch, We All Watch

10.27.2009
So, because apparently there's nothing more interesting going on in the world than debating the weirdness factor of LAPD PSAs, I bring you...iWatch.

For those who haven't read the headlines (fun stuff like "LAPD Creeping Out America," or "Terrorism: Important or Incredibly Creepy?"), I will attempt to explain the dilemma here.

LAPD has a new program. It's called iWatch. It's a way to report suspicious, possibly terrorism related activity without feeling like an asshole if it turns out to be nothing. The End.

So here's the video. You watch, then we'll discuss.





I admit, the still frame image of Luna Lovegood is a tad disconcerting, but that's all I've got.

No it's not original. No it's not very creative (I think every PSA I've ever seen follows the same We-Are-of-Varying-Ethnic-Backgrounds-and-We-Care-About-Our-Siblings-So-Lets-Say-Part-of-a-Sentence structure), but you know, it kinda gets the job done. It's semi dramatic. Terrorism is dramatic. I think it works, and I gotta say, I'm going with the LAPD on this one.

That being said, friends and lovers, I'd like to hear your thoughts. Can someone explain to me why our lame PSA is national news? I've perused the comments on other blogs, news sites, etc., and when you take away the "GOVERNMENT=SATAN" explanations, you're left kinda empty-handed.
Please, somebody, News Me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates